Saturday, July 18, 2009

bacon as noodles (or why hugo's solves all my problems)

BACON LASAGNA! a drawing of the bacon lasagna I made for izaac's fabulous bacon party. This is a classic DnD moment because the recipe was invented by me late the previous night at hugo's (our office) after literally a month of me worrying obsessively over what to cook for this party (many moments of astonishing brilliance occur at hugo's, at least for me. If I have a problem, clearly hugo's is the place to work it out). "Bacon as noodles" is pretty much a life-changing revelation. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES.In all its glory: Vermont applewood smoked bacon, patty pan squash, green zebra heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, & a garlic/shallots/white wine butter mixture, layered in the fashion of a traditional lasagna, salted & peppered, then baked for an hour. Pretty incredible.
I know. We're nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment