Monday, January 4, 2010

2010.

So this is the first New Years for EnD, & therefore, Mississippi Black-Eyed Peas!
Black-eyed Peas are pretty traditional for New Year's (although I just tonight leaned from Wikipedia that they are the "mulatto gelato" omg!), but I was once married to a southern lady (yes, really but only in Massachusetts)) & my recipe ever since came from her dad's secretary in his law firm in Jackson, Mississippi. So this is pretty seriously Southern shit. Been a long time since I've seen that lady, but I stick to that recipe.
This year, served New Year's morning (or 1pm New Year's Day) with bacon & eggs before taking a walk in the woods in the snow, buying a flat iron at Marshall's with my xmas gift card from mum & letting my boyfriend cut all my hair off & give me bangs.
oh yeah, the recipe: sometime New Year's Eve Day, in a large sturdy tupperware container, marinate 2 cans black-eyed peas, one can Rotel tomatoes (essential ingredient), several whole garlic cloves, peppercorns, & red wine vinegar & olive oil until it covers everything, & leave
until the next morning , when you are hungover & ready to start the new year right, with this, & of course bacon.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, love & kisses EnD xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment