Monday, October 19, 2009

Lamb Week Part #1.

The current issue of Saveur Magazine (aka my favourite magazine that is not a supermarket tabloid) which I finally broke down & purchased is the "Why Lamb Rules" Issue. (I agree)
(when I read food magazines, which I do incessantly, I rarely READ them, I just gaze longingly at the pictures, & then I invent my own recipes in my head.) Back to today.
A rainy way too freezing Sunday in October in New England, & a crappy day at the grocery store. Hence time to make myself a nice Sunday dinner, & begin LAMB WEEK 2009.
A reasonably inexpensive lamb chop, simmered in cippolini onions, garlic, olive oil, butter, red wine, a purple carrot, a new yellow potato & frozen peas.
plus, a few teaspoons of garam masala.

& on the side, oyster mushrooms roasted in olive oil.
(doesn't really make sense but I needed to use these mushrooms,
& it actually tasted ok as a combination).
All in all, a weirdly 21st century British dinner. I think I've been reading too much current British fiction lately.

A lamb chop with peas, carrots, potatoes, onions, but in a curry sauce,
& Bread Euphoria challah bread (for the Jewish element)
& butter (for the BUTTER element) & yes, those oyster mushrooms.

Apparently I am making a Melissa a rack of lamb later in the week. 
!!!!!!
HINT: It's gonna involve bacon. OMG piglets & lambs together at last. 
ADORABLE & DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment